Culture of the Heart Resources
"Children, staff and families love the resources."
"Beautifully illustrated and a pleasure to use."
What does a Culture of the Heart School receive?
• Picture books with lesson plans and artist Illustrated downloads
• Reading/Wellbeing journals that bridge the gap between home and school
• Character cards that support children to understand the type of behaviours that build healthy connection
• Emotion cards to support children in understanding emotions
• Posters that engage thought
• Family activities for every culture so the family is involved with the children's learning
• Academic calendars that align with curriculum objectives
• Short training videos empowering staff to understand and deliver the lessons with confidence
• Private online platform containing over a years worth of lesson plans and beautifully illustrated downloads.
• Assembly ideas, scientific research, posters, EQ tools, coaching practices and more.
Private online portal hosting lesson plans and classroom activities. Every lesson plan includes a short training video, empowering staff to understand and deliver the lessons with confidence
Each member of staff has their own unique login. It is as easy as watch, click, download and go. Staff can also engage with the platform as an App for phones or tablets.
Over 60 character cards with coaching activations that develop vocabulary and understanding of some of the characteristics that support the building of healthy relationships.
Reading and wellbeing journals
Illustrated journals that develop healthy mental habits and encourage reading. The journals specifically track with the children's learning journey, bridging the gap between home and school.
Some of the material in this resource works alongside ‘Words and Your Heart’ , ‘Wonderful You’ and a new picture book, ‘Powerful You’. All of the resources, lesson plans and class downloads use the characters from these books and have been illustrated by Kate Jane Neal.
Published by Simon & Schuster and Macmillan (USA).
Tools to develop emotional intelligence
Hands-on practical tools: Emotion cards, Beliefs/Emotions (BE) Wheel, Gratitude Spiral, EQ butterfly and so much more.
Family is the most influential community of a child's life. CotH intentionally invests in activities that encourages the SEL learning to be supported within the home. The image is of our families advent calendar activity.
Training and team coaching activations that support the wellbeing of your staff team and develop communication around your school culture.
As a teacher, I have used many programs, resources and online training to cover the social and emotional part of the curriculum and nothing has come close to providing the coverage or quality of this resource.
I have been using the Culture of the Heart for nearly two years and it has changed both the way I teach and the way in which my class interacts with others’. It has created a kind and supportive environment with calm and well-rounded children and staff. We were lucky enough to be in the pilot scheme where I used it with my own year class. The children were an average mix of abilities and social backgrounds with SEN needs as well.
At the end of just one term my classroom had changed. Children were calmer, more settled and kinder to each other and, according to the children, I also changed for the better being happier and calm almost all of the time! It created a safe place where children were able to be themselves, without judgement, and explore their feelings and thoughts.
Vickie Vigurs-Berry | Bosvigo Primary School | (Teaching for over twenty years)