• Increases vocabulary and understanding of characteristics that support relationships and community.
• Increases an understanding of the power of words.
• Supports the development of a positive inner narrative.
• Develops a sense of self worth and an understanding of the value of others.
• Helps children understand what kindness looks like within the context of community and relationships.
• Begins to create a habit of gratitude.
• Builds an understanding that we are all a part of a community.
• Explores the value of community and an understanding that we all contribute to the communities we are part of.
• Looks at the behaviours that build healthy communities.
• Discusses treating self and others with dignity and respect.
• Considers the people who serve our communities.
• Shares the great opportunities available within local communities.
• Builds a habit of gratitude and looks at the ways we can be grateful for the people who serve our communities.
• Builds an understanding that our differences are wonderful and make the world fascinating.
• Supports children in exploring the things that bring them joy and make them wonder.
• Helps children see that diversity is positive and builds healthy and interesting communities.
• Thinks about the behaviours that build the classroom culture the children would like to be a part of.